- Skin Rejuvenation
- Men’s Sexual Health
- Women’s Sexual Health
- Spa Services
- Meet Our Providers
Botox® in Oklahoma City
Smooth & Wrinkle Free
Years of laughs, surprises, and a well-lived life lead to permanent fine lines & wrinkles that may cause you to not feel as confident in your skin as you could. As one of the most popular injections on the market, Botox® Cosmetic is certainly no stranger to the everyday wrinkle. First and foremost, Botox® injections are used to reduce and prevent wrinkles caused by frowning, smiling, and other facial expressions.
However, we also utilize Botox® in Oklahoma City to help patients address a variety of other skin concerns. With the right injector, Botox® can be used to give a subtle lift, smooth the signs of aging, and even provide a slimming effect to the face.
Renew providers are certified in Botox® and Dysport® injections and attend ongoing training seminars to learn advanced injection techniques. Results are excellent in all age groups, softening existing lines and preventing new lines from forming.
What it Treats
Forehead Lines & Wrinkles
Lines & Wrinkles Between Brows
Around the Mouth
Lateral brows (Botox®Brow Lift)
15 to 30 minutes
Female and Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
Depending on your tolerance, we may provide you with an ice pack immediately after your injections to reduce any redness or swelling you may experience. There is no required downtime with Botox® in Oklahoma City; most patients return to work or their regular daily routine after leaving our office with instructions to avoid direct UV exposure and rigorous exercise for a few days following their injections.
Why Try Botox® in Oklahoma City?
Not only is Botox® FDA-approved, but it's also been backed by more than 15 years of clinical studies.
Botox® is one of our most popular injectables for a reason. It works very well in not only smoothing the skin but also in preventing future wrinkles.
Botox® can be used for a variety of treatments. It has proven successful for both men and women and is beloved by patients of all skin types, ethnicities, and ages.
The Botox® Process
What to Expect
When you come to Renew Wellness & Aesthetics for Botox® in Oklahoma City, your trained injection specialist will first provide a complimentary consultation to ensure you are an ideal candidate for injections. After discussing your goals, your provider will recommend the injectable that will best meet your needs and a corresponding treatment plan.
Get Your Injections
Your provider will study your facial expressions and make light marks with a pen to indicate precisely where the injections will be made. Most patients report feeling minimal to no discomfort due to the thin, tiny needles used for the injections. We can, however, provide topical anesthetic as necessary to ensure your comfort. After the 10 to 15-minute injection process, you will be able to leave our Oklahoma City office and continue your normal activities.
After treatment, we ask that you keep your head upright for 4 hours and stay out of the sun without sun protection. Your provider will answer all of your questions, and give you instructions on the best ways to maintain your results.
- Avoid aspirin (e.g. Bayer, Excedrin) and other blood-thinning medications (e.g. Vitamin E, Fish Oil) for at least 10 days before injections. If you are taking this medication under direction of your doctor, be sure to speak with him or her for permission before discontinuing it.
- Avoid ibuprofen (e.g. Advil, Motrin) for 3 days before injections. Note: if you’re concerned about pain or bruising, you can take Tylenol before your appointment.
- Avoid alcohol for 2 days prior to injections as this, too, can thin the blood and cause bruising during treatment.
- Discontinue use of retinoid (Vitamin A) products for 2 days before & after treatment.
- Consider an arnica supplement in the week leading up to your Botox® injections. Arnica helps to reduce pain, swelling, and discoloration from bruises.
- Ensure your skin is properly hydrated by drinking adequate amounts of water and caring for it with medical grade skincare.
- Avoid touching or massaging the injection site, as it could move the material to a spot it wasn’t intended to be.
- Keep your head upright for at least 4 hours following treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and use sunscreen when outside, as UV rays can not only damage the skin; they can disperse the injectable faster in your skin, making the effects shorter.
- Avoid scrubs, toners, and abrasive cleansers for at least a week to ensure you do not disrupt the precisely-applied Botox®.
- Sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activity or aerobics for 24 hours after your injections.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I see results for Botox® in Oklahoma City?
You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours after your injections. Most patients see optimal results in about 14 days.
How long do the results last?
The results of Botox® generally last 3 to 4 months, depending on the patient's skin type, wrinkle depth, and severity.
How much time does it take to receive a Botox® injections?
The Botox® injection process is quick. Once your consultation has been completed and your provider has developed a treatment plan, the injection process takes only about 10 minutes.
Will my face look overdone or unnatural?
The expert injectors at Renew Wellness & Aesthetics have years of experience performing thousands of Botox® injections. You can trust that we will always deliver subtle, natural results from a highly trained and experienced medical expert in facial anatomy. No one should be able to tell you've had any "work" done. This is why Renew is the home of the The Natural Oklahoma Look.
How many Botox® injections should I get?
The number of injections you get will depend on the severity, quantity, and location of your lines. Your provider will recommend the appropriate amount of injections to meet your desired result. Generally, for crow's feet, we suggest 3 injections into the areas of the muscle that frame the side of each eye. For frown lines, you may receive up to 5 injections into the muscles between your brows and your forehead. For forehead lines, you may also receive up to 5 injections into the muscle.
Do men get Botox® treatments?
Absolutely! Botox® for men is common at our practice. Crow's feet, forehead lines, and frown lines are not exclusively an area of concern for women. Men get these wrinkles, too, and may wish to look younger and appear more refreshed.
Home of THE NATURAL OKLAHOMA LOOK™
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.