- Skin Rejuvenation
- Men’s Sexual Health
- Women’s Sexual Health
- Spa Services
- Meet Our Providers
Dysport® in Oklahoma City
Even if you avoid direct sun exposure and regularly care for your skin, wrinkles, and fine lines are a natural part of our skin’s life cycle and are bound to show up eventually. For years, the only option for treating sagging and wrinkled skin was going under the knife for a facelift.
Today, we provide Dysport® in Oklahoma City to offer our clients a tasteful, non-surgical way to restore youth and minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, creases, and folds that have appeared from years of smiling, squinting, frowning, or yawning.
Dysport® is made of a purified protein that is FDA-approved to temporarily relax the facial muscles that contract and cause wrinkles when you smile, squint, frown, or make other facial expressions. As these muscles relax, the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles is significantly reduced and new wrinkles are prevented from forming.
If you are ready to look in the mirror and see smooth skin with a youthful glow, come to our med spa for Dysport® in Oklahoma City!
What it Treats
Frown lines (“11” lines between eyebrows)
Top of the nose (“bunny lines”)
Eyes (“Crow’s Feet”)
Above the mouth (“lipstick lines”)
Jawline & neck
20 to 30 minutes
Female and Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
Depending on your tolerance, we may provide you with an ice pack immediately after your injections to reduce any redness or swelling you may experience. There is no required downtime with Dysport® in Oklahoma City; most patients return to work or their regular daily routine after leaving our office with instructions to avoid direct UV exposure and rigorous exercise for a few days following their injections.
Why Try Dysport® in Oklahoma City?
Not only is Dysport® FDA-approved, neurotoxin injectables have proven themselves to be highly effective and safe for decades.
Dysport® is one of our most popular injectables for a reason. It works very well in not only smoothing the skin but also preventing future wrinkles!
Dysport® can be used for a variety of wrinkle treatments. It has proven successful for both men and women and is beloved by patients of all skin types and ethnicities.
Dysport® Before & Afters
The Dysport® Process
What to Expect
When you come to Renew Wellness & Aesthetics for Dysport® in Oklahoma City, your trained injection specialist will first provide a free consultation to make sure you are an ideal candidate for injections, and to discuss your goals to provide a recommendation for which injectable will best meet your needs. During your personalized consultation, we will thoroughly educate you on the benefits and risks of Dysport®. We will also take photos of your treatment area(s).
Get Your Injections
We will then study your facial expressions and make light marks with a pen to indicate precisely where we will be making the injections. Since we utilize thin, tiny needles most patients report feeling minimal to no discomfort. We can, however, provide topical anesthetic as necessary to ensure your comfort. After the 10 to 15-minute injection process, you will be able to leave our Oklahoma City office and continue your normal activities, we just ask that you stay out of the sun without protection and you keep your head upright for 4 hours.
We will assess the treated area to ensure proper placement of the Dysport®. We’ll answer any and every question you have about the treatment, and give you instructions on the best ways to maintain your results. Then, we welcome you to schedule any follow-up appointments you need.
- Avoid aspirin (e.g. Bayer, Excedrin) and other blood-thinning medications (e.g. Vitamin E, Fish Oil) for at least 10 days before injections. If you are taking this medication under the direction of your doctor, be sure to speak with him or her for permission before discontinuing it.
- Avoid ibuprofen (e.g. Advil, Motrin) for 3 days before injections. Note: if you’re concerned about pain or bruising, you can take Tylenol before your appointment.
- Avoid alcohol for 2 days prior to injections as this too can thin the blood and cause bruising during treatment.
- Discontinue the use of retinoid (Vitamin A) products for 2 days before & after treatment.
- Consider a zinc supplement in the weeks leading up to your Dysport® injections. Studies have shown that higher levels of zinc in the body are related to higher efficacy of Dysport® and other injectables.
- Make sure your skin is properly hydrated by drinking adequate amounts of water and using moisturizer morning and night.
- No touching or massaging the injection site to avoid moving the material to a spot it wasn’t intended to be.
- Keep your head upright.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and use sunscreen when outside as UV rays can disperse the injectable faster in your skin, making the effects shorter (not to mention the acceleration of aging by the sun!).
- Avoid scrubs, toners, and abrasive cleansers for at least a week to ensure you do not disrupt the precisely-applied Botox.
- Sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activity or aerobics for 24 hours after your injections.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I see results for Dysport® in Oklahoma City?
You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours after your injections.
How long do the results last?
The results of Dysport® generally last up to 4 months depending on the patient's skin type and the depth & severity of his or her lines.
How much time does it take to receive a Dysport® injection?
The Dysport® injection process is quick. Once your consultation has been completed and we've devised a "game plan" for how to treat your wrinkles, the injection process takes only about 10 minutes.
Will my face look overdone or unnatural?
The experts at Renew Wellness & Aesthetics have years of experience performing Dysport® injections. You can trust that we will deliver subtle, natural results from a highly trained and experienced medical expert in facial anatomy. No one should be able to tell you've had any "work" done.
How many Dysport® injections should I get?
The number of injections you get will depend on the severity of your lines and the number of lines you have. Generally, for crow's feet, we suggest 3 injections into the areas of the muscle that frame the side of each eye. For frown lines, you may receive up to 5 injections into the muscles between your brows and your forehead. For forehead lines specifically, you may also receive up to 5 injections into the muscle.
Do men get Dysport® treatments?
Absolutely! Dysport® for men is common at our practice. Crow's feet, forehead lines, frown lines are not exclusively an area of concern for women. Men get these wrinkles too over time and may wish to look younger and appear more refreshed.
GET THE NATURAL OKLAHOMA LOOK™
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.